Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Fishing is fun even without teeth

Splish! Splash! Goes rowboat on the beautiful lake. On that rowboat there were two old men. It was a nice hot sunny day. They think it's a good time for fishing. So they go to the beautiful lake where everyone loves to go. They were having some quiet time, when the man sneeze (aaaa choo!)The second man was laughing at him because his false teeth fell out, but the false teeth landed on the edge of the boat The man was angry at him because he was laughing. And so he grabbed it with a bang then they both knew that it fell out of the boat and it would go to the bottom of the lake. There was no way to get it because they were tired and they didn’t bring extra clothes. But the second man was laughing so much and he couldn’t stop but then he caught something. He was happy except for his friend. He was ignoring him even though he caught a fish. The second man had an idea to be silly. He put his false teeth in the fish’s mouth. He thinks that it will cheer his friend up so he showed it to him. The man was shocked, he thought it was his false teeth so he grabbed it and put it inside his mouth but it didn’t fit him so he threw it to the lake. The second man was upset because his friend throw away his false teeth so they ignored each other and kept on fishing now both of them have no false teeth THE END.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Vernon,
    This is a fantastic story! I was laughing the whole way through. I love the way you hooked the readers at the start and I also enjoyed the part where the old man put the teeth into the mouth of the fish! I could picture it in my head. To make this story even better you could go in and change the start of some of your sentences so that they all start in a different way.
    I look forward to reading your next one!
    - Miss Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny short story Vernon! It really made me laugh! I liked how you wrote it telling the story from both men. It lets the reader form a clear picture in their head when you know the thoughts and feelings of both main characters. This would be a great story to illustrate as a comic. Imagine what the fish with the false teeth in would look like!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post